With our September project we will hit the 3 year mark of Sunbeam Kids impacting our community through building in kids that they can make a difference while lending a hand to others. With your energy and support, together we have come so far! You, our families, are what make Sunbeam Kids so special. I also want to thank our fantastic Board of Directors and Advisory Council for all their dedication.
For our first project in September ’13, we just hoped a few friends would sign up to help do a “test project”. Fast forward 3 years we are 100+ families strong! We have built our own little community through friends of friends and we’ve loved meeting so many new people along the way. While we want to spread the word about family volunteer projects, we have a
lso been careful not to grow too fast to make sure our all volunteer-driven organization is sustainable for years to come. With that said, Sunbeam Kids welcomes everyone who wants to have fun while volunteering as a family.
Here are a few stats of the impact you all have made in the pa
st 3 years through your time, talent and treasures…of course your impact goes much deeper than the numbers could ever show:
- Picked 200 lbs of vegetables for people in need (that is just from 1 of our 3 trips!) at Green Power Garden.
- 40 “Birthday Party In a Bag” bags for moms undergoing treatment at Meta House to make their child’s bday extra special
- Over 200 lbs of medical supplies to kids in Ghana through International Needs
- 30+ care packages to comfort foster kids on their court dates through Kids Matter, Inc.
- Hundreds of snack packs with encouraging messages for homeless youth seeking help through Pathfinders.
- Cleaned up Grant Park Beach picnic area 5 with Earth Love Environmental and the County Parks crew…filled bags of trash to keep the water clean.
- Made over 350 sandwiches in 2 trips to serve homeless people who are working to improve their situation by staying at Guest House Milwaukee.
- Brightened 50 senior citizens’ days with BINGO at San Camillo and Congregational Home.
- Provided nearly 1000 art projects to local homebound and hospice patients with our annual Elves for Elders Holiday Art Collection for Meals on Wheels.
- Served as a resource and inspired multiple other classes, troops and groups to plan their own service projects.
These are just some of the numbers…and the kindness you’ve shown to the kids, employees of recipient organizations and the actual recipients can never be quantified.
What has your favorite project been? Do you have a favorite memory from a Sunbeam Kids project? We’d love to hear from you!
A sincere thank you to everyone who has made this vision a reality.
Founder/President, Sunbeam Kids Inc.