Calling all future leaders ages 10+!
The Sunbeam Kids Leadership Team invites our older members to join us for our first of what we hope is many SBK Youth Leader Summits. Here are the details:
(1) to offer an opportunity to learn a few tips about what it means to be a good leader and then apply those skills during our time together.
(2) Let the kids know we truly value their feedback and ideas to help SBK support our community through ongoing projects.
An official agenda will be sent to everyone who signs up, but during the meeting we will:
(1) Ask everyone to share one of their favorite SBK projects and why.
(2) Discuss what topics they'd like to see us community needs they'd like to have us plan projects for this year. (Note: we're hoping we'll be able to invite them to be youth leaders at onsite events yet this year, of course with adult support --this part is optional).
(3) We are REALLY excited to give the kids a mini-grant distribution experience by using a recent donation to us of $250 that will be allocated to this event so the kids can vote between three local organizations. The winning organization will receive the donation money on behalf of the SBK Youth Leaders.
We are very open to your feedback and ideas as we introduce this new program for ages 10+. We are thinking of quarterly meetings, but look forward to hearing what you think!
If your child is interested in sharing feedback and ideas but is not 10 yet or is unable to make the meeting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want all voices to be heard even beyond this event.
Thanks for lending a little hand!
Founder, Board President