Calling all future leaders ages 10+!*
The Sunbeam Kids Leadership Team invites our older members to join us for our second SBK Youth Board meeting. Couldn't make it to the first meeting? No problem!
Here are the details:
(1) Very briefly offer an opportunity to learn a few tips about running meetings and what it means to be a good leader, then apply those skills during our time together.
(2) Let the kids know we truly value their feedback and ideas to help SBK support our community through ongoing projects by giving them an opportunity to provide feedback and vote on where to donate our next "mini grant."
An official agenda will be sent to everyone who signs up. During the meeting we will:
(1) Share progress on their ideas from our last meeting, PLUS awesome feedback from Kids Matter Inc. on their thankfulness for being selected by the kids for the $250 donation at the first meeting.
(2) Discuss any new ideas they have for projects since our last meeting, or if it is their first meeting we'd like to hear their favorite project/why or any ideas for new projects. (Note: we're hoping we'll be able to invite them to be youth leaders at onsite events yet this year, of course with adult support --this part is optional).
(3) We are REALLY excited to once again be able to give the kids a mini "grant distribution" experience again thanks to an anonymous donation by a Friends of Sunbeam Kids supporter. Like our last meeting, the kids can vote between three local organizations. The winning organization will receive the donation money on behalf of the SBK Youth Leaders.
Please share your feedback and ideas as we introduce this new offer for ages 10+. We are thinking of quarterly meetings, but look forward to hearing what you think!
*If your child is interested in sharing feedback and ideas but is not 10 yet or is unable to make the meeting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want all voices to be heard even beyond these Youth Board meetings!
Thanks for lending a little hand,
Founder & Board President